VC3, an innovative, growing IT services solution provider, headquartered in Columbia, SC is seeking to fill a full-time Software Engineer position in our Columbia, SC office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, in a learning environment and have the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of development activities.
The Software Engineer position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining software to established standards and specifications using approved programming languages, primarily .NET Framework. Responsibilities include coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining applications of a complex nature.
Here's what we need for you to have:
- 1 to 3 years of development experience
- degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- good problem solving and decision-making skills
- ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an effective manner with a high level of quality
- excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, diverse environment with demanding market needs
- ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members as well as interface with customers and other non-technical members of the organization
- desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients
- ability to grasp and learn new technologies quickly
These are the technical skills you will need to do the job:
- experience with Microsoft technologies, with a primary focus on web development using ASP.NET
- experience with objected oriented programming and database technologies
These skills are great to have, but not required:
- experience with C# and SQL Server
- experience with ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework
- experience with CSS and UI/UX
Here's some other stuff you might want to know:
- Foosball and ping pong skills are a definite plus!
- travel requirements: limited; but must have reliable transportation
- candidate selected will be subject to criminal, DMV, and credit background checks
- VC3 offers a competitive benefits package
Interested? Help us get to know you better by completing this survey to be pre-qualified for an interview! The survey will take 1-2 hours to complete.