DevOps Engineers with VC3 are responsible for developing, testing, supporting and maintaining the tools that allow us to effectively manage thousands of servers and workstations! We are looking for someone to lead the efforts in this area, including working with stakeholders and prioritizing efforts based on technical knowledge.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Programming experience.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues and propose general solutions to them; looks for simple solutions first.
- Agile mindset: able to break larger projects into smaller ones that are delivered iteratively.
- Ability to prioritize work based on cost vs benefit and project timelines.
- Able to communicate well with others at VC3 that will be using the tools you build and support; this includes asking questions and providing multiple options, letting others know how to use tools you’ve created and notifying them about updates.
- Desire for automating workstation and server configuration management, customer onboarding and support processes, and other internal processes.
- Passion for finding answers in system configuration, log, and monitoring data and sharing what you’ve learned with others.
- Comfortable working with our existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching.
What to do next:
We would like you to complete an on-line survey to find out more about your experience, technical skills and expectations: https://www.cognitoforms.com/VC312/SoftwareEngineerCandidateSurvey. Please keep in mind the goal is to communicate clearly what you know and put forth your ideas for things you may be unfamiliar with. This is not a test, just a way to learn more about you. We look forward to reviewing your responses.