The Infrastructure Engineer will maintain data center infrastructure and key systems across VC3’s enterprise platform. The ideal candidate for this role should have knowledge of SAN/NAS management, coordinating and performing system backups, monitoring system availability, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolving problems, recovering processes affected during down-times, hardware and software configurations, performing monitoring and tuning, performing change management, disaster recovery participation and system administration practices.
- Responsible for support of virtualization, storage and backup Infrastructure.
- System administration of ERP system and automation platform, including upgrade coordination and technical support.
- Works on technical projects and coordination of tasks.
- Performs storage allocations and storage network related tasks.
- Performs all support tasks including tuning, troubleshooting, maintenance.
- Contributes and develops best practices, methodologies, templates and documentation.
- Performs root cause analysis for the storage and infrastructure related issues.
- Performs test planning and execution.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Maintains updated knowledge of industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 2 years of technical support experience.
- Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Windows 7, 8 and 10).
Desired, but not required:
- Experience with any of the following: Azure, ConnectWise, LabTech, VMware, SANs, Linux, Citrix.
- Experience working with scripting/automation skills (VB Script, PowerShell).
- Storage/SAN certifications.
- Travel Requirements: must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to travel when necessary, ability to travel overnight and weekends as needed but is limited.
- This role will participate in a 7x24 rotation for 2nd level escalations every 6 or more weeks.
- Applicant selected will be subject to credit, department of motor vehicle, and criminal background checks
- VC3 offers a great benefits package!