The Infrastructure Engineer will be a part of our Enterprise Solutions Team and will evaluate, implement and maintain Storage Area Networks (SANs) and storage systems across VC3’s enterprise platform. The ideal candidate for this role should have hands on experience with SAN/NAS management, coordinating and performing system backups, monitoring system availability, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolving problems, recovering processes affected during down-times, hardware and software configurations, performing monitoring and tuning, performing change management, and disaster recovery participation.
- Responsible for evaluation, implementation and support of virtualization, storage and backup Infrastructure.
- Implements technical projects and works on technical and coordination tasks.
- Performs storage allocations and storage network related tasks.
- Performs all support tasks including tuning, troubleshooting, maintenances.
- Contributes and develops best practices, methodologies, templates and documentation
- Performs management and capacity planning for infrastructure components.
- Performs root cause analysis for the storage and infrastructure related issues.
- Provides recommendations for the improvement of the infrastructure.
- Performs test planning and execution.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Maintains updated knowledge of industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of enterprise technical support experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of enterprise backup experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of SAN experience.
- Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Experience with VMware ESX.
Desired, but not required:
- Linux experience.
- Citrix experience.
- Experience working with scripting/automation skills (e.g. VB Script).
- Storage/SAN Certifications.
- Travel Requirements: must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to travel when necessary, ability to travel overnight and weekends as needed but is limited.
- This role will participate in a 7x24 rotation for 2nd level escalations every 6 or more weeks.
- Applicant selected will be subject to credit, department of motor vehicle, and criminal background checks
- VC3 offers a great benefits package!