IT Manager – Multiple Customers
Are you an IT management professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Check out our opening for an IT Manager that will join our Columbia, SC based team!
This position will be based out of our corporate office, when not traveling (state-wide). IT Managers for VC3 (internally referred to as Virtual Chief Information Officers / VCIOs) act in the capacity of a part-time IT Manager for multiple managed services customers simultaneously. This full-time, permanent position will determine the technology required to meet clients’ strategic, long-term goals by building and presenting business justifications. VCIOs manage all functions of VC3’s select municipal customers’ information technology departments. The average customer size is 100 seats, with multiple sites, and an annual IT budget of $500k. These functions include ensuring proper functioning of management information systems, overseeing upgrades, ensuring proper QA testing, verifying documentation of policies and procedures. In addition this position will identify, recommend, develop and support IT solutions. You will work with our Project Management department on large deployments and manage small infrastructure projects with your team. Our training and transition program typically lasts three to six months. During this time you will work with all departments to help ensure your success!
Here are the position responsibilities:
- Work closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Account Executives, other VCIOs, Systems Engineers, and Infrastructure engineers; this position does not have direct reports.
- Evaluate current IT Infrastructure and identify technologies to improve security, scalability, and reliability of the overall environment through IT assessments and business process analysis.
- Provide leadership for technology infrastructure projects in WAN/LAN, IP telephony, networking, Windows Server, etc.
- Ensure highly reliable and available infrastructure to support the organizations/clients.
- Manage, prioritize, and support IT department initiatives and goals; including budgeting.
- Communicate and present findings on various business aspects of IT to Executives.
- Start and maintain productive IT Steering Committees.
- Review and evaluate emerging technologies for practical application.
- Monitor metrics to measure performance and availability; and design and implement necessary improvements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, best practices, and policies and procedures.
- Utilize professional project management methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and budget.
These are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in IT field with at least 2 years in IT management or overseeing infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and deliver on commitments.
- Build and present business justifications for IT projects.
- Ability to multi-task between enterprise initiatives and routine IT operations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously; with a great attention to detail, and a sense of urgency without compromising quality.
- Ability to provide high level strategic consulting to clients.
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Experience working with local government entities.
- Experience developing client proposals.
- ConnectWise, Labtech, PRTG, Citrix and QuoteWerks (or other quoting tool) experience.
And, here is some other info:
- Travel Requirements: Regular day and some overnight travel is a requirement of this position.
- Some conference will take place on weekends.
- This position has the potential to cover geographic areas outside of South Carolina.
- Applicant selected will be subject to department of motor vehicles, credit, and criminal background checks, including meeting eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers a great benefits package!