Are you an IT management professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Check out our opening for an IT Manager that will join our Memphis, TN team!
IT Managers for VC3 (internally referred to as Virtual Chief Information Officers / VCIOs) act in the capacity of a part-time IT Manager for multiple managed services clients simultaneously. This role will be focused on clients in the healthcare industry with multiple locations. This full-time, permanent position will determine the technology required to meet clients’ strategic, long-term goals by building and presenting business justifications.
VCIOs manage all functions of VC3’s clients’ information technology departments. The client size can be from 50-500 seats, with multiple sites, and an average annual IT budget of $500k. These functions include ensuring proper functioning of management information systems, overseeing upgrades, ensuring proper QA testing, verifying documentation of policies and procedures.
In addition, this position will identify, recommend, develop and support IT solutions. You will work with our Project Management department on large deployments and manage small infrastructure projects with your team. Our training and transition programs typically last three to six months. During this time, you will work with all departments to help ensure your success!
This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers around and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions, which is continuing to expand throughout the country.
- Evaluate current client IT Infrastructure and identify technologies to improve security, scalability, and reliability of the overall environment through IT assessments and business process analysis
- Provide leadership for technology infrastructure projects in WAN/LAN, IP telephony, networking, Windows Server, etc
- Ensure highly reliable and available infrastructure to support the organizations/clients
- Manage, prioritize, and support IT department initiatives and goals, including budgeting
- Communicate and present findings on various business aspects of IT to stakeholders
- Start and maintain productive IT Steering Committees
- Review and evaluate emerging technologies for practical application
- Monitor metrics to measure performance and availability; and design and implement necessary improvements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, best practices, and policies and procedures
- Utilize professional project management methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and budget
- Work closely with VC3 Account Managers, Project Managers, Account Executives, other VCIOs, Systems Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers; this position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, ISQS, engineering, business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years in IT field with at least 5 years in Healthcare IT management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and deliver on commitments
- Experience with building and presenting business justifications for IT projects
- Ability to multi-task between enterprise initiatives and routine IT operations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously; with a great attention to detail, and a sense of urgency without compromising quality
- Ability to provide high level strategic consulting to clients
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Experience working with local government entities
- Experience developing client proposals
- MSP ticketing system software, RMM tools, Citrix and quoting tool experience
- Current Technical or Technical Sales certifications with one or more of the following companies: Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, ShoreTel
- Travel requirements: regular day and some overnight travel is a requirement of this position.
- This position has the potential to cover geographic areas outside of Tennessee.
- Applicant selected will be subject to department of motor vehicles, credit, and criminal background checks, including meeting eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers a great benefits package!