VC3 is seeking an Onboarding Engineer to join our Project Services Team! They will provide client on-boarding, technical expertise, and support to projects across a wide scope of clients, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud.
This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the country and afford you the opportunity to grow with an innovative managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and is continuing to expand throughout the country.
The Onboarding Engineer will provide a high level of customer service to clients through excellent communication and detailed documentation. They will work with Project Engineers and Project Managers to deploy equipment and tools, as well as provide technical expertise during the onboarding process.
- High school diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s in a technology-related degree preferred
- 2 + years of experience in any combination of information system design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Strong writing skills; must be able to develop detailed documentation for both the Projects Team and clients
- Must be process driven; follow and develop VC3’s proven processes with an attention to detail
- Must be passionate about technology and delivering the highest level of customer service
- Self-motivated and highly organized; able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Effective and constant communication with clients, vendors, and peers; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Desire to make a difference!
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2012, 2016, and 2019; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance
- VMware ESX server experience
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, Google Apps and Amazon Web Services
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, IMAP, DHCP
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and various antivirus clients
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of client and server hardware configurations including redundancy and RAID architectures
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Citrix experience
- Hyper-V experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (iSCSI/Fiber Channel)
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
- Work Schedule: normally 8am-5pm, some scheduled work after hours and on weekends
- Travel Requirements: must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to travel when necessary, ability to travel overnight and limited weekends as needed.
- Applicant selected will be subject to department of motor vehicles, credit, and criminal background checks including meeting eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers a great benefits package including 401k matching!