VC3 is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Project Services Team! They will provide client on-boarding, technical expertise, and support to projects across a wide scope of clients, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud.
This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the country and afford you the opportunity to grow with an innovative managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and is continuing to expand throughout the country.
The Project Engineer will provide a high level of customer service to clients through excellent communication and detailed documentation. They will work with other Project Engineers and Project Managers to deploy equipment and tools, as well as provide technical expertise during the onboarding process. This position will be working remotely and on-site at client locations throughout VC3’s territory of 25+ states.
- High school diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s in a technology-related degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in any combination of information system design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Strong writing skills; must be able to develop detailed documentation for both the Projects Team and clients
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Must be process driven; follow and develop VC3’s proven processes with an attention to detail
- Must be passionate about technology and delivering the highest level of customer service
- Self-motivated and highly organized; able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Effective and constant communication with clients, vendors, and peers; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Desire to make a difference!
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2012, 2016, and 2019; Client OS: Windows 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance
- VMware ESX server knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, Google Apps and Amazon Web Services
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, IMAP, DHCP
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and various antivirus clients
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of client and server hardware configurations including redundancy and RAID architectures
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Citrix experience
- Hyper-V experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
Culture is an integral part of working at VC3.
Our company values represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
- Passionately Curious: We challenge the status quo, seek continual improvement and are constantly learning.
- Go Beyond: We show that we care through positively impacting others through our actions, properly communicating expectations and executing them consistently
- Own It: We have the courage to do what’s right, resolve to take responsibility, and grit to cross the finish line.
- Serve as One: Together we are greater than the sum of our individuals, and teamwork is essential to success.
- Our Noble Promise- “Developing Growth Minded People”: This is the driving force behind our values and why we do what we do.
- Work Schedule: normally 8am-5pm, some scheduled work after hours and on weekends
- Travel Requirements: must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to travel overnight and limited weekends as needed. Travel will be 50% or more.
- Applicant selected will be subject to Department of Motor Vehicles, credit, and criminal background checks including meeting eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers great benefits, including:
- National health insurance coverage with two plan options
- FSA (flexible spending account) for health and/or dependent care
- HSA (health savings account)
- Vision and dental plans for you and your dependents
- 100% company paid basic life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with a company match
- And more!