Great project management means much more than delivering on-time, on-budget, and within scope; it unites the project team to create a vision for a successful project by ensuring everyone is on the same page of what’s needed to stay on track for success.
VC3, an innovative IT services solution provider headquartered in Columbia, SC has an exciting opportunity for an Application Development Project Manager to join our team!
This challenging position will provide project management expertise and work alongside a talented team of software engineers and web developers.
- Serve as a liaison between the client and the development team to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Manage the development team schedule and resources, including both internal and external resources.
- Ensure each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines and requirements.
- Create a project budget and ensure the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
- Track milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Receive and manage bug reports and feature requests from team members and customers.
- Keep the roadmap and a backlog in a relevant state.
- Identify potential risks and planning risk mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Engineering, and a minimum of 3 years of IT project management experience.
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly assess unclear or complex situations and reduce into clear direction for the team.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Proven background in leading successful projects.
- PMP preferred.
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday. Some scheduled work after hours and on weekends.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching.