VC3, an innovative IT services solution provider headquartered in Columbia, SC has an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to serve as an IT Project Manager. Employees of VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide services across a wide scope of clients, with an extensive array of technical environments, and within our cloud.
This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history and that is continuing to expand. You will work closely with the project engineers on the team and rely on their technical expertise.
This challenging position is responsible for managing a variety of projects for new and existing VC3 clients. The IT Project Manager will be involved with a range of projects and will need to utilize excellent project management and communication skills to facilitate activities across departments. This involves resource scheduling, vendor management, purchasing coordination, performance-to-contract reporting and various administrative functions.
- project lifecycle (planning through closure)
- stakeholder communication
- external (end-user) documentation
- service delivery handoffs
- budget and timeline adherence
- risk management – foreseeing and mitigating
- client satisfaction
- change orders management
- schedule and coordinate resources across departments.
- act as a contact between clients, vendors and VC3 resources
- track and confirm all hardware and software delivery to client
- plan and monitor implementation activities
- prepare weekly status reports for both management and clients
- coordinate handoff of projects at closure
- bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering, and a minimum of 3 years of IT project management experience
- excellent facilitation skills, including the ability to function in a cross-functional team
- excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- ability to balance multiple projects, responsibilities and conflicting priorities
- experience working on project teams
- experience leading a team
- knowledge of project management methodologies
- IT experience a plus, but not required
- CAMP or PMP preferred
- Travel: ability to travel to client locations located throughout the Southeast and beyond; less than 20%
- Work Schedule: some scheduled work after hours and on weekends
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching