VC3, an innovative IT services solution provider headquartered in Columbia, SC has an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Manager. Employees of VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide services across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments, and within our cloud. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history and that is continuing to expand. Though being technical yourself is not a requirement, having a natural curiosity about technology is a must! You will work closely with the project engineers on the team and rely on their technical expertise.
This challenging position is responsible for managing a variety of projects for new and existing VC3 customers. The Project Manager will be involved with a range of projects and will need to utilize excellent project management and communication skills to facilitate activities across departments. This involves resource scheduling, vendor management, purchasing coordination, performance-to-contract reporting and various administrative functions.
- Project lifecycle (planning through closure)
- Stakeholder communication
- External (end-user) documentation
- Service Delivery handoffs
- Budget and timeline adherence
- Risk management – foreseeing and mitigating
- Customer satisfaction
- Change orders management
- Schedule and coordinate resources across departments.
- Act as a contact between customers, vendors and VC3 resources
- Track and confirm all hardware and software delivery to customer
- Plan and monitor implementation activities
- Prepare weekly status reports for both management and customers
- Coordinate handoff of projects at closure
- Bachelor’s degree, computer or business-related, and a minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Excellent facilitation skills, including the ability to function in a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects, responsibilities and conflicting priorities
- Experience working on project teams
- Experience leading a team
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- IT experience a plus, but not required
- CAPM or PMP preferred
Culture is an integral part of working at VC3.
Our company values represent the most important values, the ones we live by:
- Passionately Curious: We challenge the status quo, seek continual improvement and are constantly learning.
- Go Beyond: We show that we care through positively impacting others through our actions, properly communicating expectations and executing them consistently
- Own It: We have the courage to do what’s right, resolve to take responsibility, and grit to cross the finish line.
- Serve as One: Together we are greater than the sum of our individuals, and teamwork is essential to success.
- Our Noble Promise- “Developing Growth Minded People”: This is the driving force behind our values and why we do what we do.
- Travel: ability to travel to customer locations located throughout the Southeast and beyond; less than 25%
- Work Schedule: some after hours work may be required
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and Department of Motor Vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching