Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level? Are you ready to work with an IT company, instead of a company that has an IT department? Are you passionate about problem solving and customer service?
VC3 is seeking a Systems Engineer in the Burlington or Montpelier, VT area to serve our growing client base. This position will provide on-site technical support for clients located in Vermont and New Hampshire, and remote support for clients throughout the East Coast. This engineer will be a part of our Raleigh, NC team. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand its operations.
This is a permanent position, not a contractor, and will be a part of our Raleigh, NC Team.
- High School diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in information system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Must be passionate about technology and delivering the highest level of customer service
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and peers
- Desire to make a difference!
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance
- VMware ESX server experience
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, Google Apps and Amazon Web Services
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and various antivirus clients
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of Client and Server hardware configurations including redundancy and RAID architectures
The following aren’t required, but would be a great to have:
- Citrix experience
- Hyper-V experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (iSCSI/Fiber Channel)
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
- Travel Requirements: local, some overnight
- Work Schedule: Must participate in paid 7×24 rotation; scheduled work after hours and on weekends
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching