Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level? Are you ready to work with an IT company, instead of a company that has an IT department? Are you passionate about problem solving and customer service?
Systems Engineers for VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand its operations.
The Systems Voice Engineer will also be responsible for our hosted Voice Advantage Solution to our clients. This role would lead the voice solution in terms of designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting both network and voice systems, ensuring high availability and security for internal and external clients.
- High School diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in VoIP system design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Industry knowledge of VoIP solutions with a familiarity of PBX, Call Center, voice & messaging communication applications, and Telecom providers.
- Ability to work in a team, train technical employees on VoIP and the use of the system, and assist Engineers in implementation and maintenance
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and peers
- Desire to make a difference!
- VoIP experience (Expert)
- Software and hardware support for PBX and Call Center Platforms
- Related VoIP systems such as QoS monitoring and Recording
- Tier 3 Support for VoIP & phone troubleshooting
- A deep understanding of SIP
- Perform ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance.
- Experience with different interface technologies (T1/ISDN/PRI)
- Experience with multiple telephony solutions such as Asterisk, Avaya IP Office, Cisco UCM, and Mitel
- Experience in working with multiple Origination and Termination providers
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Knowledge of network firewall rules and ability to monitor and troubleshoot
- Ability to configure Voice VLANs and troubleshoot QoS issues
- Advanced TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Polycom/Cisco Phone Experience
- NetSapiens Experience
- Microsoft Voice Experience
- Linux Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching