Software Developers with our Tools & Automation Team are responsible for developing, testing, supporting and maintaining the tools that allow us to effectively manage thousands of servers and workstations!
Here's what we are looking for:
- 4+ years of programming experience.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues and propose general solutions to them; looks for simple solutions first.
- Agile mindset: able to break larger projects into smaller ones that are delivered iteratively.
- Ability to prioritize work based on cost vs benefit and project timelines.
- Able to communicate well with others at VC3 that will be using the tools you build and support; this includes asking questions and providing multiple options, letting others know how to use tools you’ve created and notifying them about updates.
- Desire for automating workstation and server configuration management, customer onboarding and support processes, and other internal processes.
- Passion for finding answers in system configuration, log, and monitoring data and sharing what you’ve learned with others.
- Comfortable working with our existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Foosball and ping pong skills are a definite plus!
- VC3 offers a great benefits package.