Did you know that 30% of VC3’s current Service Delivery Team began their careers with us as Interns? They are now Service Managers (Technical Team Leads), Virtual CIOs, Service Delivery Managers, Automation Engineers, and Systems Engineers in Columbia, Atlanta and Raleigh?
Do you want exposure to all types of IT environments? Do you want access to learn for some of the best engineers in the Southeast? Do you want to jump start your career in IT?
Do you want to work in a cool office, close to campus, with a work-hard/play-hard vibe? Think...scooters in the office, putting green, Foosball, lounge area with recliners and bean bags...beautiful view of campus from the 18th floor. Did we mention you can wear t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops to work?
Systems Engineer Interns for VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of managed services customers, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the Southeast and afford you the opportunity to learn with a stable managed services provider that has a 20 year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand.
This position requires an individual that has the ability to work under pressure while maintaining positive relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers. Our ideal candidate will be a focused and highly motivated individual that demonstrates exceptional organizational and communication skills. The candidate must be proactive, have a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, and be passionate about technology.
Here's what you will be responsible for:
- respond to telephone calls, chat, and e-mail requests for technical support
- document, assign, track and monitor tickets to ensure a timely resolution
- identify, research and resolve basic technical problems by guiding customers through applications, troubleshooting issues and performing testing as necessary to replicate issues
- proactively manage multiple trouble tickets and follow through to resolution
This is what we need from you:
- work well independently and as a team member
- excellent customer service skills, highly organized with excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- organized and effective with time sensitive assignments
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- outgoing and personable; with ability to portray this image over the telephone
- willing to accept unfamiliar tasks and projects
- adapts well to change in work assignments and responsibilities
These are nice to have, but not required:
- experience managing tickets/cases in a help desk environment
- general knowledge of Citrix, VMware, Microsoft and Cisco systems
And, here is some other info:
- The intern must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week during the semester.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel locally when necessary; must have reliable transportation.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit and DMV background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.