Systems Engineer Intern
Did you know that 30% of VC3’s current Systems Engineers, Technical Team Leads and Virtual Chief Information Officers (VCIOs) began their careers with us as Interns?
Systems Engineer Interns for VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our private Citrix XenApp-based cloud environment, hosted in our enterprise class data centers. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to learn with a stable managed services provider that has a 25 year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand throughout the southeast. We’ve also been voted one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina for the past 10 years!
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- respond to telephone calls and e-mail requests for a variety of technical support issues
- document, assign, track and monitor tickets to ensure a timely resolution
- identify, research and resolve basic technical problems by guiding customers through applications, troubleshooting issues and performing testing as necessary to replicate issues
- proactively manage multiple trouble tickets and follow through to resolution
This is what we need from you:
- work well independently and as a team member
- excellent customer service skills, highly organized with excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- organized and effective with time sensitive assignments
- ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- outgoing and personable; with ability to portray this image over the telephone
- willing to accept unfamiliar tasks and projects
- adapts well to change in work assignments and responsibilities
These are nice to have, but not required:
- experience managing tickets/cases in a help desk environment
- general knowledge of Citrix, VMware, Microsoft and Cisco systems
And, here is some other info:
- The intern must be available to work approximately 20-25 hours per week if employed during the semester; summer hours are full-time, with possibility of some travel.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel locally when necessary; must have reliable transportation.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal and credit background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.