Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level? Are you ready to work with an IT company, instead of a company that has an IT department? Are you passionate about mentoring, problem solving and customer service?
Systems Engineers for VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand its operations.
As a Systems Engineer you will be looked to for technical guidance and support from your team members, and will serve as an escalation point for complicated technical issues.
Here’s what we need from you:
- High School diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in information system design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation
- Strong understanding of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and peers
- Desire to learn new skills and make a difference!
These are the technical skills that you will need to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008 – 2019; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365 management and troubleshooting
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, POP3, FTP, TCP/IP, VoIP
- Installation and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite (2010 – 2019, Office 365)
- Installation and troubleshooting of server and client hardware
The following aren’t required, but are highly desirable:
- Citrix experience
- SharePoint, Azure, Google Apps, Amazon Web Services
- VMware ESX and Hyper-V server experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Routing/Switching configuration, troubleshooting, and management
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
- Travel Requirements: local, some overnight
- Work Schedule: participate in paid 7×24 rotation; scheduled rotation work after hours and on weekends (currently a 7 week rotation)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching