Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level? Are you ready to work with an IT company, instead of a company that has an IT department? Are you passionate about problem solving and customer service?
Systems Engineers for VC3 are a part of adept teams that provide resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments, and within our private Citrix XenApp based cloud environment, hosted in our enterprise class data centers. We are seeking to fill a Systems Engineer position in the Montpelier, Vermont area. This position will provide technical support for clients located in Vermont and New Hampshire, and remotely for clients throughout the east coast. This position will give you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has over a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and that is continuing to expand. We have also been voted one of the Best Places to Work for 10 consecutive years in our home state of South Carolina.
This position will primarily provide second level support for clients located in Vermont and New Hampshire on all technical inquiries and will be physically located at a client site. The Systems Engineer will respond to and investigate end user inquiries, concerns and issues via phone, remote access, and in person in a timely manner with the excellent customer service skills our clients expect. This position will also recommend or perform actions to correct problems based on knowledge of systems. The systems engineer will report to the client site on a daily basis.
This is a permanent position, not a contractor, and will be a part of our North Carolina Team, which is based out of Raleigh, NC. Training will take place in Raleigh, NC.
Here’s what we need from you:
- High School diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in information system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Must be passionate about technology and delivering the highest level of customer service
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and peers
- Desire to make a difference!
These are the technical skills that you will need to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance
- VMware ESX server experience
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, Google Apps and Amazon Web Services
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and various antivirus clients
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of Client and Server hardware configurations including redundancy and RAID architectures
The following aren’t required, but would be a great to have:
- Citrix experience
- Hyper-V experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (iSCSI/Fiber Channel)
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
- Travel Requirements: local, limited overnight; quarterly to our North Carolina or South Carolina offices following initial training
- Work Schedule: Must participate in paid 7×24 rotation; scheduled work after hours and on weekends
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- VC3 offers a great benefits package, including 401k matching