ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Municipal League (MML), which represents 160 local governments in Maryland, has partnered with VC3 to deliver cybersecurity and technology services to Maryland’s local governments, from cities and towns to our county governments. VC3’s municipal-focused cybersecurity and technology services are consistent with MML's mission to provide leadership and guidance for the towns and cities in the state of Maryland, as well as to help local governments stay innovative and efficient in serving their residents.
“Cybersecurity threats such as ransomware plague cities and towns, and there are no standardized services that municipalities use to combat these threats,” said Theresa Kuhns, CEO of the Maryland Municipal League. “For our smaller municipalities, small budgets often mean no one staff member is dedicated to support these efforts. We are excited to partner with VC3 to ensure that our members have a solution as we face new challenges daily. VC3 has over 30 years of municipal experience and partnerships with eight state leagues. As the nation’s cyber capitol, VC3 is the right fit for Maryland. We also expect to recognize new job creation for Marylanders as VC3 pulls up alongside our local government as an extension for existing staff across the state.”
VC3 provides local governments with essential technology services and solutions that secure and modernize IT for a fraction of the typical costs. VC3 offers a variety of packages that include:
- Manage Essentials: An all-in-one cybersecurity and technology package tailored to the unique needs of small municipalities.
- Manage Cloud Performance: Complete cloud hosting including 24x7 support, hosted applications and desktops within the cloud, Microsoft 365, and VC3-provided workstations.
- Manage Cloud Collaboration: The cloud-based version of Microsoft Office 365, VC3-provided workstations, and 24x7 support.
- Manage On Premises: Proactive IT and cybersecurity monitoring, maintenance, and support of existing technology infrastructure — 24/7.
- Manage Voice: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) that improves phone call quality, adds functionality, and integrates email with voicemail.
- Protect Data Recovery: Onsite and offsite data backup ensures you can restore data—from small incidents to large disasters.
- Protect Shield: Bundled services include a 24x7x365 security team, endpoint detection and response (EDR), end user security awareness training, advanced Office 365 cloud protection, advanced email scanning, advanced web protection, and dark web vulnerability scanning.
- Security Awareness Training: Automated phishing tests, quarterly security training, and monthly management reports.
About The Maryland Municipal League
The Maryland Municipal League (MML) was founded in 1936 and serves as the collective voice of 160 municipal governments and the 2 million Marylanders it represents. A voluntary, non-profit, nonpartisan association controlled and maintained by city and town governments, MML works to strengthen and support municipal government through advocacy and the development of effective leadership. Through its membership in the National League of Cities, MML offers legislative representation in Washington, urban research programs, and a national municipal government information exchange. MML is the only statewide organization in Maryland composed solely of municipal officials and devoted to the promotion of all branches of municipal administration.